Oaklands Plastics' Recycling Policy
Oaklands Plastics Ltd - Recycling, Your Carbon Footprint and SWMP...
...We are helping to reduce global climate change!
How Oaklands Plastics can help you to reduce your carbon footprint and save the environment!
All our products are 100% recyclable...
Site Waste Management Plans - SWMP
A SWMP is a planning document that must be created prior to the start of a project on a construction site. It must:
- Identify each type of waste expected to be produced during the project
- Estimate and predict the quantity of each type of waste that will be produced
- Identify the planned waste management action proposed for each different type of waste:
- Recycling / Re-use on site
- Recycling / Re-use off site
Who needs a SWMP?
Under the Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008, from 6th April 2008 every construction project in England valued at over £300,000 is required to produce a Site Waste Management Plan prior to commencement of the project.
Note: These Regulations currently only apply to England.
More Info Here..
.. And Here
The SWMP must be maintained and updated during the project with details of the waste of each type actually produced, along with the action taken and any removal activity.
The SWMP must be analysed after completion.
What will a SWMP achieve?
- Reduce waste generated on site
- Divert waste from landfill